How to block and reject all calls and text messages from a cell phone number

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Im getting text messages on my phone from a ex aquaitance . I want to block him and i want him to know i blocked him

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Blocking doesn't alert the person you blocked them and for good reason, if they knew you blocked them they'd look for another way to harass you.

Most new phones can block a number, it's extremely easy to do, just need to tap the 3 dots to open settings when viewing a number and the option to block should be there. This will stop you from getting texts and diverts calls straight to voice mail.

Carrier level blocking can done too but may depend on what carrier you have. Verizon will block numbers, completely stops communication, they can't even leave a voicemail. Simply contact customer service, I'd assume most other carriers are the same.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
What if you just flag that number as spam? As a "bonus", it might also impact his communications with others... :-X

No, I'm not endorsing intentionally causing him the inability to call or text people that might actually want to hear from him.

With some carriers (I know of Google Fi first-hand) if you block at the carrier level (through the app with Fi), when that number tries to call you the system just responds as though the number is disconnected. Others may be the same, I'm not sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helaheather7