Email adresses showing on text messages.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

When I am creating a text message and I choose from my contacts I am now getting my contacts phone number as well as email information.how do I stop the e-mail addresses from showing.

nsanders

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same issue on my Samsung Galaxy 9+. Please tell me how to make email addresses not come up when I am searching for a phone number to text using Message+.

nsanders

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
When I use the Samsung texting app, it appears to also bring up emails as well as phone numbers. I have no desire to text to email addresses, so I would prefer that they did not fill up my search. I have to scroll past too many phone numbers and email addresses to get the information I am looking for. I just assumed (hoped) there would be some type of setting that would not show email addresses.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
When I use the Samsung texting app, it appears to also bring up emails as well as phone numbers. I have no desire to text to email addresses, so I would prefer that they did not fill up my search. I have to scroll past too many phone numbers and email addresses to get the information I am looking for. I just assumed (hoped) there would be some type of setting that would not show email addresses.
Can you show screen shot of settings in the message app?

nsanders

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, there are 6 different settings screens for Message+, and each one is more than a single screen. I appreciate the effort. I was hoping that someone would say ... "It's easy. You just need to flip this switch." But, there doesn't seem to be any reference to how the contacts are listed. I even looked at the contacts settings, but I don't see anything that refers to email addresses or what shows up in a text contact search.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Unfortunately, there are 6 different settings screens for Message+, and each one is more than a single screen. I appreciate the effort. I was hoping that someone would say ... "It's easy. You just need to flip this switch." But, there doesn't seem to be any reference to how the contacts are listed. I even looked at the contacts settings, but I don't see anything that refers to email addresses or what shows up in a text contact search.
The problem is we try help remotely and don't have the phone in our hands to say hey that setting, we sometimes need visual as from carrier to carrier could be different.

Here my screen shot of my message app , do you have this toggle?Screenshot_20200911-151947_Messages.jpeg