Hello,
    I have an Umidigi A5_PRO.
    Ever since I've owned it, I cannot turn wi-fi calling on or off. When I select wi-fi calling, I get "com.android.phone has stopped" and cannot access the slider. This will happen even in SAFE MODE. No issue with any other items in the Settings app.

It was not a problem until now. Wi-fi calling has somehow turned on, and I cannot turn it off. I rely on call forwarding to use YouMail for my VM, so it is blocking my VM's.

Things I've tried:
    Clearing Data and Cache of the Phone app and Sim Toolkit.
    Rebooting
    Turning off Auto-updates in the Play Store
    As I mentioned, problem happens even in safe mode.

Any thoughts?
    Thanks
    09-13-2020 06:16 PM
    Go to settings> app> system apps> find Wi-Fi calling clear its data cache and for stop.
    If that doesn't work factory reset

I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    09-13-2020 06:31 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! If it persists after a reset, try contacting Umidigi support: https://www.umidigi.com/page-support.html
    09-13-2020 07:21 PM
    Thanks!
    I just dicovered that I do not have a Wi-Fi Calling app. Yes, I am looking at the system apps. Huh. No wonder the Settings app crashes when I try to access Wi-Fi Calling.

So, maybe it's NOT even the reason I am no longer getting VM's, and I've jumped to conclusions. I'm going to take another look at my base problem. Thanks for the quick replies
    09-13-2020 10:30 PM
    Thanks!
    I just dicovered that I do not have a Wi-Fi Calling app. Yes, I am looking at the system apps. Huh. No wonder the Settings app crashes when I try to access Wi-Fi Calling.

So, maybe it's NOT even the reason I am no longer getting VM's, and I've jumped to conclusions. I'm going to take another look at my base problem. Thanks for the quick replies
    Hi welcome to AC!

Can you post a screen shot of where you accessing WiFi calling?
    09-13-2020 10:41 PM
    Wi-fi calling typically doesn't require an app -- it should be part of the system. If you don't have a wi-fi calling option in your system settings, then your phone probably doesn't support it.

Or are you saying the phone is using wi-fi calling and you can't turn it off? If so, how can you tell it's using wi-fi calling?
    09-14-2020 01:12 AM