How do I get my Gboard to quick-suggest the most used email?

ABristolian

Sep 20, 2020
Visit site
While opening websites or apps that request my email, as I start inserting my main email address, Gboard insists on ever only suggesting my gmail address, which is configured on my phone. This has been going on for months. (as seen on screenshot below)

On previous experiences with android, as I inserted the first 2-3 letters, Gboard would quickly and always start suggesting me the email address I use 98% of the times I need to insert fill in an email field.

Thank you for any solutions!

My Phone:
Ulefone Armor 3
Oreo 8.1.0

Smokeaire01

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
While opening websites or apps that request my email, as I start inserting my main email address, Gboard insists on ever only suggesting my gmail address, which is configured on my phone. This has been going on for months. (as seen on screenshot below)

On previous experiences with android, as I inserted the first 2-3 letters, Gboard would quickly and always start suggesting me the email address I use 98% of the times I need to insert fill in an email field.

Thank you for any solutions!

My Phone:
Ulefone Armor 3
Oreo 8.1.0
I have a suggestion. You can go into Languages, Personal Dictionary and setup your other email addy with a shortcut. See attachment. I have many shortcuts setup for frequently used terms and email addresses.
53b2544f757156bf9ad8fd46c640a2a8.jpg

ABristolian

Sep 20, 2020
Visit site
I have a suggestion. You can go into Languages, Personal Dictionary and setup your other email addy with a shortcut. See attachment. I have many shortcuts setup for frequently used terms and email addresses. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200920/53b2544f757156bf9ad8fd46c640a2a8.jpg

Thank you for the suggestion, but if I try to I find nothing else, no other options than the scrnshts below:
config.PNG
config2.png

--
I edited your screenshot to block out the email address.

What if you long-press that suggestion and then drag it to the Remove option?

Thanks as well, but if I try to long-press there's simply no reaction, no options presented.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It might need more time to learn your other email. Try typing your more commonly used email address a bunch of times into various email address fields and see if the keyboard starts suggesting it.

ABristolian

Sep 20, 2020
Visit site
It might need more time to learn your other email. Try typing your more commonly used email address a bunch of times into various email address fields and see if the keyboard starts suggesting it.

Could be, but isn't the case. I use my phone a lot, and this has been lasting months already. In previous experiences it 'adapted' in a just a few days.

Try in Gboard Settings - Dictionary - Personal Dictionary - All languages - Add (+) a shortcut.

Many thanks for that Javier! :)
Found those settings and they work indeed, so that is a great alternative solution that solves the issue just as well!

Also, I stumbled upon another option that might play a role in the future as well:
Gboard settings > Advanced > Under Learning > Personalisation
'Adapt Gboard to your typing and voice typing usage patterns'

It was 'off'. It just also might explain my issue, I'll check it out.

But basically problem solved!, so thank you everyone, again!