Samsung phone resends old (deleted?) messages

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello!

I hope you can give me some advice. English is not my native language, so I hope my complicated story is understandable.

2 days ago I received an old (deleted?) message on my phone again. At least I think I read it 2 years ago before (but deleted it back then). The content of the message is crystal clear to me, although there's still a possibility that it was sent to someone else BACK THEN.

The thing I don't understand is, that my boyfriend didn't send it to me. We met that day and there would have been no point in doing so anyway.

So, is it possible that VERY old messages are being randomly resent to contacts again? Even if they have been deleted on both phones?? And is it possible, that that message was sent to another person BACK THEN but now somehow was sent to me (again)?

It's driving me nuts, to be honest. I googled the last days and couldn't find anything 100% relatable.

My boyfriend uses a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and I'm using a Xiaomi Pocophone F1.

I hope someone is able to explain this mess to me :( It's very important for me to understand.

Thank you.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It usually happens when they don't do their server backups properly, the server goes bad, and they have to restore from backup. That message never got deleted from the backup.

Not anything to worry about - just delete it again.

stilllovingsims

Sep 25, 2020
Visit site
Thank you both for your answers! I believe you, that it's nothing bad, but somehow I still want to understand it.

Is it really possible if the message (SMS via Samsung Message) was send 2 years ago and I received it?
And would it be even be possible if it was originally sent to someone else but now found its way to me?

Sorry for the dumb questions, but I really don't understand how it's all connected to the netwerk and/or servers? Because to me it seems impossible 😅

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa