Auto connect phone to two bt devices at same time?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My car has Bluetooth capability for phone calls but not for media. I have an aftermarket bt device in the car for media that is routed through an aux input and is powered up only when the car is turned on. While both can be connected to my phone at the same time, I can only get one or the other to auto connect when the car is started. Is there a way to get both to auto connect to my phone when I start the car?

Z1968

Oct 8, 2020
Visit site
Hello, I'm the OP and just created an account so I can reply. Thanks mustang7757. Rukbat, I can connect two bt devices to my phone at the same time: one for call audio and the other for media audio. This works perfectly in my car (call audio to car, media audio to aftermarket BT device plugged into aux input of car stereo). It works great, the only problem is I can't seem to configure the phone bt settings to auto connect to both devices when the car is started (as starting the car activates both the car's BT for calls and powers up the aftermarket BT device). I hope this better explains my question. Thought?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hello, I'm the OP and just created an account so I can reply. Thanks mustang7757. Rukbat, I can connect two bt devices to my phone at the same time: one for call audio and the other for media audio. This works perfectly in my car (call audio to car, media audio to aftermarket BT device plugged into aux input of car stereo). It works great, the only problem is I can't seem to configure the phone bt settings to auto connect to both devices when the car is started (as starting the car activates both the car's BT for calls and powers up the aftermarket BT device). I hope this better explains my question. Thought?
Hi, welcome to AC!
I'm not sure you can auto connect both same time .

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
My headset and stereo can both auto connect, but I've found that my headset will stop auto connecting after sitting for a time out of range. So this may be an issue on the car and audio device, not the phone. I doubt you'll be able to resolve it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member