Do I recommend whether to switch to Google Pixel 4a or alternatives?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello, I am a owner of xiaomi mi 10 and since the Google pixel 4a came out I have been wondering whether to switch to this device or not. Although hardware level is lower than my mi 10, I believe that optimized software is the main factor, since I come from iPhone. I am interested in the fluidity in everyday use, because I believe that with the snapdragon 865 I do not exploit it since I do not play, but only everyday and social apps and the camera, because I noticed that the photos with the mi 10 are not as natural as on iPhone, they have colors that are not real and this disappointed me. So I want advice if I want to switch to 4a pixel or not worth it? Thank you

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
If you can get the one with 5G that way you be set for awhile when it does become more widespread, but yeah definitely like the pixel line up.

I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply

https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=409154
OK Stang, I'll counter what you suggested and ask why does anyone need a 5G phone now or in the next couple years? What will angone gain?
To the OP, the 4a is a worthy phone and will be for the foreseeable future. I think, value wise, it's one of the best phones around.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
OK Stang, I'll counter what you suggested and ask why does anyone need a 5G phone now or in the next couple years? What will angone gain?
To the OP, the 4a is a worthy phone and will be for the foreseeable future. I think, value wise, it's one of the best phones around.

I would agree that 5G is not a must-have at this time (and just adds to the cost an the battery use) -- but the 4a 5G does have a few other things going for it, including a somewhat more powerful CPU, a bigger screen (for the XL fans), and a bigger battery. https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Google-Pixel-4a,Google-Pixel-4a-5G/phones/11311,11395.

I don't think you can go wrong with either!:)

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I would agree that 5G is not a must-have at this time (and just adds to the cost an the battery use) -- but the 4a 5G does have a few other things going for it, including a somewhat more powerful CPU, a bigger screen (for the XL fans), and a bigger battery. https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Google-Pixel-4a,Google-Pixel-4a-5G/phones/11311,11395.

I don't think you can go wrong with either!:)
Agree, though the bigger screen is a negative for me. It's not worth the extra cost though it maybe for some.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Better to have it if OP or anyone keeping the device for 2 years or more , and I agree it's not widespread yet and won't see much difference but industry pushing for this hard so some time by next year it's going be a lot more widespread and after that it's going start taking off.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Better to have it if OP or anyone keeping the device for 2 years or more , and I agree it's not widespread yet and won't see much difference but industry pushing for this hard so some time by next year it's going be a lot more widespread and after that it's going start taking off.
Widespread, perhaps, but for what improvement? 5g is being designed, mostly, for business, not consumers.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
How will it improve your experience?
On phone front ?
Supposed to allow more people on the network if being congested, speed , etc..

Will I be able to tell , not yet .

Like anything else , abs brakes went from airplanes to cars , it wasn't widespread when it first came until technology improved it.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
On phone front ?
Supposed to allow more people on the network if being congested, speed , etc..

Will I be able to tell , not yet .

Like anything else , abs brakes went from airplanes to cars , it wasn't widespread when it first came until technology improved it.
So what difficulty are you and I experiencing communicating on Android Forums right now that 5g will improve?

BTW, I'm no expert. I learn from reading and learning from others.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So what difficulty are you and I experiencing communicating on Android Forums right now that 5g will improve?

BTW, I'm no expert. I learn from reading and learning from others.
I'm no expert either and learn like the rest of us , it's technology changes going forward , probably not going see it yet but it's happening.

I'll give another example , we have fully electric cars now , is it widespread where everyone has one , no of course not but it's the way it's going .

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm no expert either and learn like the rest of us , it's technology changes going forward , probably not going see it yet but it's happening.

I'll give another example , we have fully electric cars now , is it widespread where everyone has one , no of course not but it's the way it's going .
You haven't convinced me to buy a 5g phone today though! It's a gimmick (I believe) being pushed by the carriers to increase revenue.
I'm a sceptic when it comes to marketing. I understand it's designed to fool people and take more of their money. Until I get a firm, proven, reason to get the new (more expensive) product I will chose the product with the proven, better, value.
That's just me though. ;)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I think one of the main benefits of 5G is supposed to be much lower latency, which can improve the experience with any web-connected activity -- but is probably most important for gaming. Speeds can be much faster than 4G, but of course that depends on where you are and what kind of 5G network you're accessing. Of course, those speeds probably won't be that noticeable for most people, except when downloading huge files.

It seems that 5G is starting to spread relatively quickly, at least in metro areas. The T-Mobile/Sprint merger is probably helping that along.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38