Images and files automatically deleting from downloads?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello, I am using an SM-T295 android tablet, and I set chrome to download stuff to the sd card instead of the device, I noticed that after a while, files in the download folder will dissappear, and I had to go and download them again, I didn't download any app for cleaning storage, is there anything I can do to stop this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Check the tablet's own Device Management software, and see if there's an option there to automatically clear out file in the Download folders periodically. When you lose files in the SD card's Download folder, do you also notice files missing from the Internal Storage's Download folder? Is the entire folder cleared out, or only certain files?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Are you using the web browser to download the files? If so, are you clearing data for the web browser? (That "clears" downloaded files in some [notorious] browsers.)

(I think I also remember something about Android itself, somewhere [in a system app] clearing the Download folder every <x time periods>, but I can't find my notes on that.)

Unless Download is the only thing on the card, it's not the card. Defects in a storage system don't delete files selectively. (It's not physically possible.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt