With the upcoming changes to my beloved pixel phone losing unlimited free photo storage/sync I'm looking at available options. I have a server at home and wondering if there's anything that I can do to duplicate most if not all the functions I currently have today without additional costs.

The things I'm looking for are:
    -autosync of pictures to server when on wifi
    -potential for removing local storage photos when backed up but still visible via phone.

I think those are the main things I want. I have the storage and computer to support anything like this if it's possible.
    12-17-2020 09:09 AM
    What kind of server? Synology is reported to have something that looks promising when the new DSM drops - https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/1...ager-redesign/

I have a Synology, I'm anxiously awaiting this release so I can set it up.
    12-17-2020 10:06 AM
    Well,by server it's just running a raid 5 windows 10 on it I utilize for a server. Ideally if I could get something I could run off of that without having to buy a synology that would be ideal. I've thought about converting to a synology but when I have an old i7 computer already it's hard to justify it
    12-18-2020 08:35 AM
    Have you looked into FolderSync? I'm actually not sure if it supports personal servers, but since it supports FTP, I figured there might be a way to do it.
    12-19-2020 02:15 PM