Restoring from Android 11 to a phone with Android 10?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi,

I was just reading that you cannot restore a backup from a newer version of Android to an older version of Android. I just got the Motorola One 5G Ace and I'm about to activate it. My old phone is a pixel 3 which already has Android 11. My Motorola came with Android 10. Has anyone had any experience moving from a phone with a newer version of Android to an older? Is it going to choke when it tries to download everything from the Google Drive back up?

Thanks!

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I was just reading that you cannot restore a backup from a newer version of Android to an older version of Android. I just got the Motorola One 5G Ace and I'm about to activate it. My old phone is a pixel 3 which already has Android 11. My Motorola came with Android 10. Has anyone had any experience moving from a phone with a newer version of Android to an older? Is it going to choke when it tries to download everything from the Google Drive back up?

Thanks!
Most apps should be the same but there may be exceptions. Best bet is reload your apps fresh.

Please consider creating an account so we can communicate further and better assist you. As a guest you are not able to reply any threads.

I have provided the link below so that you can register.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=409154