How do I record stereo audio from a record player RCA/phono sockets

Gob Shite

Feb 24, 2020
Visit site
How do I record stereo audio from a record player RCA/phono sockets to usb socket on Huawei mate 20 pro?

Solved. For anyone with the same challenge.

Buy a stereo phono to 3.5 TRRS jack which carries headphone AND MICROPHONE

View attachment 335027

Buy a 3.5 jack microphone splitter

HEADPHONE-SPLITTER-AUD-MIC-1822.jpg

Buy a 3.5 jack to USB C

s-l400.jpg

Download Open Camera - This has a video setting to enable recording audio from an external microphone

Voila:

Last edited:

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I found this with a quick shopping search... https://www.googleadservices.com/pa...iNmNeoycPxAhWSHM0KHRsBBlwQ9aACegQIARBL&adurl=

Alternatively there are other analog to digital products out there that do similar stuff. Depends on how much you want to spend. If you have an older PC they often have RCA inputs, most of the ones that don't still have AUX (microphone) type connections as do many laptops. I can usually find double male 3.5mm cables at my local Big Lots for $3 to $8.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I found this with a quick shopping search... https://www.googleadservices.com/pa...iNmNeoycPxAhWSHM0KHRsBBlwQ9aACegQIARBL&adurl=

Alternatively there are other analog to digital products out there that do similar stuff. Depends on how much you want to spend. If you have an older PC they often have RCA inputs, most of the ones that don't still have AUX (microphone) type connections as do many laptops. I can usually find double male 3.5mm cables at my local Big Lots for $3 to $8.

Your link didn't show up -- can you edit the post or reply with the link?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Your link didn't show up -- can you edit the post or reply with the link?
Not sure why it wouldn't work for you but I've been there too. Anyway you can see the link landing in the image, it was only meant as starting point.
7a88701fe8bfa4d16f3337d1eed1af4a.jpg

Gob Shite

Feb 24, 2020
Visit site
Solved. For anyone with the same challenge.

Buy a stereo phono to 3.5 TRRS jack which carries headphone AND MICROPHONE

s-l400.jpg

Buy a 3.5 jack microphone splitter

Buy a 3.5 jack to USB C

Download Open Camera - This has a video setting to enable recording audio from an external microphone

Voila: