Xiaomi Mi 11 Work Profile Issue

Theacahayag

Jun 26, 2021
Visit site
Hello. I am using MI 11 5G, it's a new phone. Just got over the weekend. We installed the work profile for our company then everything was working fine not until when I tried to attach a file on Gmail app, the file explorer wont open. I already tried downloading Mi File explorer and other file explorers under the Work Profile Play Store but nothing happens. Permissions are allowed for media on Gmail, Google Chat. Hope you can help me. :( Thank you! My OS is: miui 12.5.1 Global
Basically, I cannot upload anything on GDrive, or anywhere because file explorer won't open up. And now, all links will also not open in Gmail work profile app even if there's Chrome installed. The pop up to select app is not showing up. This is so frustrating. We bought the phone but can't use it for work. Miui optimization has been on then off then on but nada.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Apps, tap Menu, then Reset All App Preferences, then try again to attach a file. Does the same thing happen, or does it prompt you to select an app to complete the action?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hello. I am using MI 11 5G, it's a new phone. Just got over the weekend. We installed the work profile for our company then everything was working fine not until when I tried to attach a file on Gmail app, the file explorer wont open. I already tried downloading Mi File explorer and other file explorers under the Work Profile Play Store but nothing happens. Permissions are allowed for media on Gmail, Google Chat. Hope you can help me. :( Thank you! My OS is: miui 12.5.1 Global
Basically, I cannot upload anything on GDrive, or anywhere because file explorer won't open up. And now, all links will also not open in Gmail work profile app even if there's Chrome installed. The pop up to select app is not showing up. This is so frustrating. We bought the phone but can't use it for work. Miui optimization has been on then off then on but nada.
Hi, welcome to AC!
Check the settings of your work profile maybe have to enable permissions

nitink

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
i recently purchased Mi 11x Pro in india, and i faced the same issue your are facing. Surprisingly never had any issue with my previous Samsung Galaxy Note 9.

I spoke to the gmail service provider regarding this. The issue as per them is Google MDM module which does not let u share the attachments from gmail work mail to other apps like whatsapp etc.

solution is 3 fold
1) install whatsapp / drive /apps using your work mail account. And use them instead of your private gmail account on play store.
2) This is what I did - am suing Outlook from Microsoft for my work mail. I can share attachments anywhere now.
3) Ask your IT to disable google MDM module. which i doubt they will do.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non