[MEGATHREAD] Voice command has stopped working

A

AC Question

How do I fix "Unfortunately, voice command has stopped," message?

how can i fix it? i cant use my phone because it pops up always even i click its option "ok"

wlshiflett

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
re: How do I fix "Unfortunately, voice command has stopped," message?

I get this error too. I've tried rebooting and factory reset. Each time the error comes back and I cannot advance because the error won't clear. What can I do?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: my voice command has stopped. what should i do?

Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Are you saying that you're constantly getting an error message that says "Unfortunately Voice Command has stopped"?

Manesha Ramful

May 4, 2017
Visit site

I did but still same error keeps on popping (unfortunately com.mediatek.voice extension has stopped) 0r (unfortunately voiceCommand has stopped). I even tried the hard reset but with no success.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I'm assuming you have the dual-SIM version of the Desire 626, since there's a Mediatek mention (the dual SIM version has a Mediatek processor, while the single SIM version has a Qualcomm Snapdragon processor).

Does this happen in Safe Mode as well? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-28612

A

Android Central Question

Cannot get past the 'Unfortunately, voice commands has stopped' .

After reboot, the phone is updating 100+ apps. Next, came the 'unfortunately, voice command has stopped' error and beneath it, there's another 'unfortunately, com.mediatek.voice extension' error toast and if I press OK, the same 'unfortunately' message immediately reappear in a split second and I cannot get past it, but I can see the homepage in the background. If I pressed power button + volume down, it goes into safe mode and if I pressed power button + volume up, it gave me three options: recovery boot, fastboot boot and normal boot. I've tried all and the problem persist. The phone is rooted by my friend previously but I can't install TWRP or CWM recovery. Phone is PPTV KING 7 running Android 5.1. Any suggestion is much appreciated.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: Cannot get past the 'Unfortunately, voice commands has stopped' .

I will try to get some help for you, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

A friend has suggested that maybe someone tried to put an incompatible ROM on the phone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! See if this happens in Safe Mode as well. On most Android devices, while powered on, press and hold Power until the Power Off menu appears. Press and hold the Power Off selection until the Safe Mode prompt appears. Tap OK.

Bush321

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site

For me, yes, it still persist after reboot, after turning the device off and on again. In the safe mode, the error still pops up, only the third party apps are greyed out.

1980sMan

Dec 6, 2018
Visit site

I'm new here so bear with me. I have a Proscan 1077g tablet. Whenever i turn it on I get the 'Unfortunately, voice commands has stopped'. when it hit ok it Just says the same thing again. I have tried a factory reset, and tried booting in safe mode Still the same. The main problems I cant do anything because the Error pops back up after I hit the ok button... Any ideas would be appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! That's tricky if you can't even access the system settings menu due to the constant error message. If you can, I'd suggest going to Settings>Apps, tapping Menu>Show System, and looking for the system app for Voice Commands. See if you can Disable it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olalekan45