Why there is know any option in my Realme c12 phone to move apps on sd card. ???
    10-01-2021 04:28 AM
    Because it's not something Google is supporting so each manufacturer needs to decide to implement it and on which devices, in addition to actually writing the code. There's a reason Google stopped supporting the feature - SD cards are slower than internal storage, and less reliable. Also - you don't save as much space as you think you do, there's still part of the app on internal storage.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    10-01-2021 04:53 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Remember that there are two ways to use an SD card for apps. One way is to use a "Move app to SD" option in the system settings, which only moves a portion of the app (and usually a small portion at that) to the SD card -- this is a fairly outdated feature, and is not commonly seen on more recent phones. It also depends on if the app developer allows it to happen.

The other way is Adoptable Storage, where you have the option to format the card as Internal Storage (as opposed to Portable Storage). This makes the phone consider the card as part of Internal Storage, thus allowing you to install apps directly to the card. But we discourage this, because as hallux mentioned, SD cards are slow and more prone to corruption/failure, which can lead to system crashes.

The best way to utilize SD cards is for storage of discrete files (like photos, videos, music, etc.). You can also check the settings of your apps to see if they have an option to make the SD card the default for data or downloaded file storage (e.g., Kindle).
    10-01-2021 01:03 PM
    10-01-2021 07:53 PM