How do I restore my contacts to my new phone

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My phone went bad and bought a new phone with the same number. Need to retrieve my contact to new phone

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
If you go to https://contacts.google.com do they show up? If they do, just sign in to your Google account on the new phone. If not, were you using a Samsung and synced the contacts to your Samsung account by chance? If not, your contacts were probably stored locally on the old phone and your chances of getting them back are pretty slim.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! This is why I always always always (did I mention always?) recommend saving your contacts to your Google account, and not to the local Phone account. Saving them to your Google account means they get synced immediately to the cloud, and are therefore safe. So if something happens to the phone, you can very easily resync all of your contacts to your new phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty