Question Retrieving messages from a SiM

stigofthedump

Mar 12, 2024
Visit site
I recently bought an Alcatel 1 phone. Before moving my SIM to this new phone I saved a few SMS messages on the SIM then I inserted the Sim in to the Alcatel phone. These saved messages don't display in the list of messages. How do I retrieve these saved messages?

Solution
Welcome to Android Central! Go to the messaging app's settings and look for an option to import messages from the SIM card.

In the Google Messages app, it's under Advanced>SIM Card Messages.
Thanks for that. Your answer was very helpful. I have found the messages on the Sim using Settings then Advanced which then shows SIM card messages. I can look at and read the saved messages but can't find a way to import them so that they show in my list of more recent messages. Maybe it's not possible to do that? Nevertheless I am pleased that they are accessible and not lost. Thanks again.

stigofthedump

Mar 12, 2024
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Go to the messaging app's settings and look for an option to import messages from the SIM card.

In the Google Messages app, it's under Advanced>SIM Card Messages.
Thanks for that. Your answer was very helpful. I have found the messages on the Sim using Settings then Advanced which then shows SIM card messages. I can look at and read the saved messages but can't find a way to import them so that they show in my list of more recent messages. Maybe it's not possible to do that? Nevertheless I am pleased that they are accessible and not lost. Thanks again.

Reactions: B. Diddy
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali