S9 minimizing keyboard after i type one letter

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

For the past 2 weeks, my s9 all of a sudden is doing this stupid thing of minimizing the keyboard after i type one letter if that one letter corresponds with the first letter of a previously viewed website. I have to pull the keyboard back up to continue typing. I've looked everywhere in the setting and also reset all defaults and it still does it. For example just to make sure you know what i mean... i open the internet and click on the bar to type my search. If i type an "a", the keyboard will minimize and amazon will come up as a suggestion for me to click. I then have to pull the keyboars back up and it wilp let me finish typing. Whats the deal??? Help!!!

brandonkirk05

Dec 10, 2021
Visit site
I am the OP.... one handed mode is not enabled. Its really weird, i didn't change anything. It just randomly started. If i type slow it wont do it but as soon as i try and quickly type, the keyboard will minimize. Because i am mid type when the keyboard minimizes, it will cause me to click on a suggested previously viewed website. Then annoyed, i have to pull the keyboard back up and slowly type the webpage.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I am the OP.... one handed mode is not enabled. Its really weird, i didn't change anything. It just randomly started. If i type slow it wont do it but as soon as i try and quickly type, the keyboard will minimize. Because i am mid type when the keyboard minimizes, it will cause me to click on a suggested previously viewed website. Then annoyed, i have to pull the keyboard back up and slowly type the webpage.
Hi welcome to AC!
If you can screen record it or take a video that way get better understanding how it's happening

brandonkirk05

Dec 10, 2021
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions but unfortunately for me it is still doing it. I've narrowed it down to being the Samsung internet browser and not the keyboard. Everything works fine with the chrome browser and using the Samsung keyboard in all other apps and texting. The issue it strictly with Samsung browser when starting from a new tab.... I'm stumped.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions but unfortunately for me it is still doing it. I've narrowed it down to being the Samsung internet browser and not the keyboard. Everything works fine with the chrome browser and using the Samsung keyboard in all other apps and texting. The issue it strictly with Samsung browser when starting from a new tab.... I'm stumped.
If its happening with Samsung browser then long press that app tap info>scroll to storage and clear data then force stop it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non