Need recommendation of affordable phone(s) that I might like to upgrade to. PLEASE.

angelgabbby

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
NOTE: I have tried to get any recommendations in 3 other forums in the past month, dedicated to questions like mine, yet not a single reply. I know how to compare features blah blah blah, but a screen of specs is not the same as a human who has either a little personal knowledge, experience, or even who has done more research or keeps up with the related news/reviews. Please give me your opinion.

Hi I have a moto g6 play, that I upgraded to 9.
I actually like my phone alot. I would say my biggest issue with it is, after the space the standard system takes up, it really doesnt have alot of internal left if you have many big apps that are hogs. Also if you format your sd as expandable (instead of portable), it likes to suddenly corrupt it & ruin the sd.
I was happy that someone finally found a way that this model could be upgraded to android 9. I really like the upgraded. HOWEVER, it would be a huge plus to me to have a phone that was possible to root or do anything extra with. I just havent had one compatible with cricket in recent years, that was able to be.
Motorola, LG, & Samsung of course, are my favorite phone brands, but I am open to anything that is good, as long as it works with my galaxy watch 3.

So, to summarize: Upgrade/newer from Moto g6 Play

Must be affordable- at least be able to find a good used one for $150 (used, if a person took there time & looked around) at most.

Cricket (AT&T) compatible

Size in the area of the g6 play (5.7 I think) but I'm really not too picky

Need more RAM

MUST have decent battery (this one is awesome)

Does not have to be "just released" as long as it is still useable lol

AND root possible, IF possible, is a big plus

Any recommendations on a phone that I might like??? (& please keep "affordable" in mind lol)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The Galaxy Watch3 will work with non-Samsung phones, but it won't be as fully featured. How important is it to use your watch with all of its features, especially the Samsung-specific ones?

The Galaxy A52 is worth a look. You can go as high as 8 GB RAM and 256 GB internal storage. It's available through Cricket themselves for $160 right now: https://www.cricketwireless.com/cel... feed&utm_content=free google shopping clicks. That version has 128 GB storage, but from the Q&A, it looks like it has 8 GB RAM (odd that Cricket doesn't actually say in the specs).

EDIT: Actually, it looks like it has 6 GB, according to Samsung (which should still be plenty): www.samsung.com/us/mobile/phones/galaxy-a/galaxy-a52-5g-128gb-cricket-sm-a526uzkzaio/#specs

angelgabbby

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
You say "affordable" but I think giving us a max price you're willing to spend may be helpful ... each has their own definition of affordable.

$150-ish is about the most I can spend, BUT I am perfectly ok with spending that for a used phone. Ive learned if a person shops around and has patience for a few days, you can find someone or somewhere selling a good used phone alot cheaper than buying it new, and in near new condition. That way you can get a lot higher $ phone without costing so much.

The Galaxy Watch3 will work with non-Samsung phones, but it won't be as fully featured. How important is it to use your watch with all of its features, especially the Samsung-specific ones?

I'm perfectly okay with a non-samsung phone. I have a motorola g6 play right now, and I'm perfectly happy with what my watch does with my phone.

Since I love my moto g6 play, would the moto g stylus or the motorola Power be a good phone I'd be apt to like? Is one of those better than the other? How about any other motorola phones? Just wondering.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Moto phones generally get good reviews, but my main concern with Moto is their abysmal update history. Samsung has made greater strides in keeping their devices reasonably updated, so I still think the Galaxy A52 would be a good choice.

angelgabbby

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Ok. I will definitely check it out!

You don't realize how much I really appreciate your help. Most places, IF you get a response on ANYthing, it's often not too friendly or cordial. Then, IF you ask anything further, to follow-up on their response, then you've really impositioned them by taking up more of their precious time with dumb questions. It's nice to not feel/look like the dumbest person in the world for asking someone more experienced for their help or opinion, instead of truly being an ***** & jumping in head first without having a clue & definitely not understanding the resolution completely (depending on the type of question/problem). I, as well as many others I'm sure, really appreciate it.

Thank you for your time & very helpful assistance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok. I will definitely check it out!

You don't realize how much I really appreciate your help. Most places, IF you get a response on ANYthing, it's often not too friendly or cordial. Then, IF you ask anything further, to follow-up on their response, then you've really impositioned them by taking up more of their precious time with dumb questions. It's nice to not feel/look like the dumbest person in the world for asking someone more experienced for their help or opinion, instead of truly being an ***** & jumping in head first without having a clue & definitely not understanding the resolution completely (depending on the type of question/problem). I, as well as many others I'm sure, really appreciate it.

Thank you for your time & very helpful assistance.

I can't STAND forums like that.:mad: One of the driving forces for our whole Ambassador and Mod team is to be the exact opposite. So it's my pleasure!:)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty