When I leave a new bookmark from reading in Readera it is supposed to transfer to my other tablets that are logged in with the same username. It will not sync with the other tablets because it believes the sync file is malware.
    01-08-2022 05:52 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! What is flagging the file as malware? Are you using a 3rd party security app?

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    VidJunky likes this.
    01-08-2022 06:02 PM
    You say other tablets so what happens if you initiate on one of those, does this tab get the sync?

I'd say disable whatever you're using for security as those types of apps often give false positive readings on everyday things that are safe or useful. If you're not willing to give it up perhaps try to whitelist the item or apps so that it stops falsely identifying them.
    01-08-2022 06:46 PM
    I am using Nortons 360. I use it on everything. I did shut it down to see if I could get Readera to work, but it didn't make a difference
    I actually have two Nexus 7 2nd gen tablets. The one tablet that appears to have no issues is my Samsung tab s5e. It syncs on it, but the sync doesn't reach the other tablets because they can't sync.
    I do know that there was only one time that the sync worked and when I got on my Samsung tablet and went to Readera and opened the ebook it showed that the book mark on another device showed a different page and asked if I wanted to go to it. I did and it took me to the proper location in the ebook.
    I will try uninstalling Nortons and open the security on the Nexus tables and see if that makes a difference.
    Let me remind you that it does work on the Samsung and Nortons is installed on it too.
    01-09-2022 12:55 AM
    It might have to do with how outdated the 2013 Nexus 7 is -- I think it stopped at Marshmallow, right? It's possible that Norton isn't working quite right due to the old OS version.
    VidJunky likes this.
    01-09-2022 02:51 AM