why i dont see all my apps when i connect my phone to PC

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
See them how? Parts of the phone's storage, especially the area where apps get stored, is not going to be accessible when you plug it in to a PC. That space is protected. What are you trying to accomplish?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wrong 7797

Jun 25, 2022
Visit site
Hi,

Thank you, ill try to explain.

when i connect my Lenovo tablet to PC, in windows explorer i cant se all apps that i installed on my Lenovo tablet. For example i can see Strava but i cant see Songbook. I need to see Songbook cause i want to add some songs in txt file to the Songbook

Thank You

Ian

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi,

when i connect my Lenovo tablet to PC, in windows explorer i cant se all apps that i installed on my Lenovo tablet. For example i can see Strava but i cant see Songbook. I need to see Songbook cause i want to add some songs in txt file to the Songbook

Thank You

Ian
Welcome to AC!

Ok when you connect your device to computer it should only allow to see files , you would need to have a program to see apps do you have any programs like this ?

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Thank You

Ian

Your tablet is running Android, and its default file system is ext4. Your PC is running Windows and its default file system is NTFS. Microsoft intentionally makes Windows very inclusive so it includes minimal to no support for other platforms, so when you're trying to access your tablet remotely from your PC, this always involves a lot of compromises. There are differences in file structure, file/folder metadata, file/folder permissions that all add up to why you simply cannot expect to be able to view all the directories on your tablet.

Really, lower your expectations and just move on to other things. You're just going to frustrate yourself trying to do something that's not possible using Windows Explorer. This is something you need to train yourself to use something like ADB on your PC.
https://www.xda-developers.com/install-adb-windows-macos-linux/

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which Songbook app is it? There are a number of apps with that name or similar in the Play Store.

Do you know if the app looks for files in a specific directory, or can it look in any directory that you choose in its app settings? Some apps create their own directory that can be hard to find -- see if you can look through the /Android/data directory for a subdirectory that may be related to Songbook. But with recent security changes to Android, Windows might still not be able to access that general area.

Another thing to do would be to contact the app developer and see if they have any guidance for you.

I made you the owner of the original guest post to make it easier to find.