I would like Google Home to turn off the app Tunein radio in 20 minutes, so I create an action that says: "Turn off Tunein app in 20 minutes", but it doesn't understand this command. Is there a solution or workaround?
    11-08-2022 03:41 PM
    Try “Close the Tunein app at 10.30” or whatever appropriate time. (If you consider that you are addressing a conscious, self-aware entity - which at present at least, seems unlikely, but these things are arguable - say “Please”.)
    Laura Knotek and J Dubbs like this.
    11-08-2022 04:43 PM
    Try “Close the Tunein app at 10.30” or whatever appropriate time. (If you consider that you are addressing a conscious, self-aware entity - which at present at least, seems unlikely, but these things are arguable - say “Please”.)
    If you consider Google assistant to be a conscious self-aware entity, then I don't think please and thank you can save you from the fact that you are complicit in enslaving a conscious self-aware entity.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-08-2022 05:43 PM
    If you consider Google assistant to be a conscious self-aware entity, then I don't think please and thank you can save you from the fact that you are complicit in enslaving a conscious self-aware entity.
    No indeed, it would be terrible if true, but doing terrible things is one of the specialties of the human species.

Sent from my CPH1921 using AC Forums mobile app
    Laura Knotek and J Dubbs like this.
    11-08-2022 05:55 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Are you talking about trying to close an app on a Nest Hub, or are you talking about using a Google Assistant command (not Google Home) on your phone?

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    11-08-2022 11:55 PM