How to stop auto connction of blootooth speakers by others

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have perchaged blootooth speaker for my teaching class. But students are pairing speaker and playing songs

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I know being a teacher is challenging, but it sounds like the main thing to do is lay down the law and forbid the students from doing this. If they repeatedly refuse to cooperate, send them to the principal's office. Or ban phone usage from the class. These students are being disruptive -- don't stand for it.

Otherwise, I'm not aware of any way to have a Bluetooth speaker accept connections from only specific devices.

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
What you need to do, before the kids come into the classroom, is be sure your mobile device is not only paired up with those speakers but also connected. Once those Bluetooth speakers are connected to your mobile device, that locks out the kids when they try to connect to the speakers. You need to do this before they get a chance to have you locked out.

The thing is Bluetooth isn't all that configurable by the user, It's a wireless technology primarily based on convenience so readily securing it is secondary. And it's still essentially a one device to one device connection, so the first device to connect to a Bluetooth device is going to be the established link between those two devices and others summarily cannot. You and apparently a bunch of your students now have those Bluetooth speakers paired, you need to be the first to follow through and connect to them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty