Talk to Text not working properly after software update

Jane Ma

Nov 16, 2022
Visit site
I recently did an update to Android 13 on my Samsung S22+ and ever since the update, my talk to text function isn't working properly. It used to work so well, but now it stops literally after speaking one or two words, so I have to press it to type out every other word which defeats the purpose and of course capitalizes every other word. I use this function daily so need this fixed. PLEASE HELP.

Jane Ma

Nov 16, 2022
Visit site
I appreciate your help very much, thank you. The talk to text works for now after changing the default to google (THANK YOU!). But still can't figure out how to remove the censoring of bad words. haha. I keep getting asterisks.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I appreciate your help very much, thank you. The talk to text works for now after changing the default to google (THANK YOU!). But still can't figure out how to remove the censoring of bad words. haha. I keep getting asterisks.
Your welcome, let me see in the settings which keyboard your currently using?

Jane Ma

Nov 16, 2022
Visit site
I am terrible at this. LOL. Why can't I find that screen??? I even typed "text correction" under settings, but it just takes me to keyboard settings. Oh, maybe I'm in the wrong keyboard?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I am terrible at this. LOL. Why can't I find that screen??? I even typed "text correction" under settings, but it just takes me to keyboard settings. Oh, maybe I'm in the wrong keyboard?
So open your keyboard and tap the gear icon i circled it will take you to a menu and choose text correction Screenshot_20221116-174156.jpg

Jane Ma

Nov 16, 2022
Visit site
I found it! It is in the weirdest spot seriously. Even though my default for voice input is Google, I have to uncheck the "Hide offensive words" under the voice input on Samsung Keyboard options too. Just too weird, but at least it's fixed. haha. Thank you again sooooo much!