s5 Lock Screen Won't Set!

I

iMarcusA

When I try and set my lock screen to anything besides swipe to unlock, it will not register it. For example, I set up my fingerprint scanner and made sure that I set my lock screen to the fingerprint scan. Once I lock my phone, it can be unlocked with just a swipe. I've tried the other lock options like the pin and pattern but I have the same outcome. I've had this phone for only a day and I've had no luck with this.

Please help. Thanks.

802Trees

Dec 17, 2016
Visit site
I couldn't get out of pattern. After playing with my phone and choosing pattern the Lock screen just showed pattern as my choice!
What I did was encrypt. (after reading and trying a multitude of thinks, thanks people here at AC)

When encrypt it asked for my password.

Then when back on my main screen it finally changed from pattern to password.
I used my password to open my phone and then went back to lock screen and all the choices were back!
I chose none as I don't need to secure my phone right now.

Pretty crazy how long it could take to solve something that seems so simple.
and yeah, i encountered the super brief time it allowed to enter my e mail and password before timed out and had to start over. geesh!
Well I joined here as I have used this forum about 5 times in the last year.
I never had a smart phone of my own until last year when my son gave me one for x mas. I used my laptop and digital camera for everything. I love my phone! its a little computers;s an awesome camera. I can even print to my 6 year old printer.
I am secluded, rural, use a land line for the few calls I do make..oh my! I have to move to civilization before I go insane. Thankfully we have the net. I can go all over the world and be at my home.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I couldn't get out of pattern. After playing with my phone and choosing pattern the Lock screen just showed pattern as my choice!
What I did was encrypt. (after reading and trying a multitude of thinks, thanks people here at AC)

When encrypt it asked for my password.

Then when back on my main screen it finally changed from pattern to password.
I used my password to open my phone and then went back to lock screen and all the choices were back!
I chose none as I don't need to secure my phone right now.

Pretty crazy how long it could take to solve something that seems so simple.
and yeah, i encountered the super brief time it allowed to enter my e mail and password before timed out and had to start over. geesh!
Well I joined here as I have used this forum about 5 times in the last year.
I never had a smart phone of my own until last year when my son gave me one for x mas. I used my laptop and digital camera for everything. I love my phone! its a little computers;s an awesome camera. I can even print to my 6 year old printer.
I am secluded, rural, use a land line for the few calls I do make..oh my! I have to move to civilization before I go insane. Thankfully we have the net. I can go all over the world and be at my home.

Thank you for your feedback and welcome as a new member. :)

Saad Khan17

Aug 9, 2017
Visit site
@Gagandeep Singh13

login to your gmail account and enter into locate my phone.
you will find your respective device there enter to the respective cell phone...
run command "locate" and you will find a option of "lock scree" when you will enter this setting it will ask to generate a pin. you will then login to your phone through that pin issue will be resolved...

i was facing the same issue and resolved the issue through the mentioned steps...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer