HTC One X Stuck on ClockworkMod Recovery

A

AC Question

'm completely inexperienced with rooting and such, but I wanted to upgrade to android 4.4.2, so I foolishly decided to follow the steps of a youtube video to do this. ("How to Install ROM on Rooted HTC One X!") and ("How to Root HTC One X on Mac OSX!") - both on youtube (i can't post links)
I successfully rooted the phone and had installed CWM and I was following the second video and trying to install the BeanStalk ROM
After trying to install, it said installation aborted, but I DIDN'T SEE IT the first time, so I tried to reboot it and now I'm stuck in an endless cycle of the HTC home screen and CWM.
I know I probably sound really dunce right now, but I've already made so many decisions I regret today
I think I may have bricked my phone; i can get to the hboot screen but rebooting it from there does the same thing, I had factory and just about everything else wiped it because the video said to, and the backup I had on CWM won't restore (MD5 mismatch!), and I can't mount it to usb because it says "E: unable to open ums lunfile..."
I know i did the wrong thing and I just should have left it alone, but PLEASE someone tell me there's a way to fix it? I'm really scared

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
At this stage you may want to locate and find what is called an RUU package specifically to match your version of HTC One X which would restore the factory image (OS) to the device. There could be other circumstances that make things difficult here but I think that is the direction you need to start investigating.

mangosxo

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for your advice, and I'll definitely look into it; but for the time being it won't even power on..
The led light's flashing red though, so I think it's just battery exhaustion.

And I'm still very confused, because I think I might have two separate problems; the phone cannot mount to the computer because of the error, but I can't connect it via usb either because I'm stuck in CWM. On the other hand, I can't get out of CWM without a ROM.. Which I can't get... Because of the aforementioned problem.. Or am I over/underthinking this?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89