Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 recovery issues

A

AC Question

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7" that I am trying to hard factory reset.

Model SM-T210 Android version 4.1.2

The issue I have is thus:

When doing the hard reset, the options will only move by n2 lines at a time instead of one line at a time. Hence when I have hit wipe data & get to the screen with all the no's & the one line of yes, by it moving 2 lines at a time it bypasses the yes line. Is there a way to fix this to make it move one line at a time?

We have to try the hard reset as when we do the normal reset, all options are greyed out which is quite unusual. We have performed several resets & have never come across this issue.

Any ideas or solutions?

Regards...

Bob OW

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What happens if you hold down the volume button? Does it start scrolling continuously, instead of stopping after one line?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, let's back up a bit. Can you tell us why you need to hard reset? Are you trying to wipe the tablet before selling it? Or is it causing problems, and you're trying to reset to start from scratch? If the latter, try selecting Wipe Cache Partition instead of Wipe Data/Factory Reset.

Bob OW

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
The device is running very slow, like in s....l....o...w m...o...t...i...o...n. The tablet needs to be wiped for re-sale.
Have just tried wipe cache partition. Device is still dead slow.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What happens if you boot into Safe Mode? Still super slow? If it runs fine, then there's something that's been installed that is slowing things down.

Bob OW

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Still the same, very slow. This is something we have not encountered before. We tried to restore via the software soft restore, but all options are greyed out. Programs the customer have added also cannot be uninstalled as they too are greyed out when we try to remove.

Add to that the problem trying to hard reset as to why we are at a loss & seeking help!...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you have an external microSD card inserted? Sometimes corrupt cards can make things go cuckoo. Try unmounting the card in Settings>Storage, removing the card, and then rebooting.

Do you know if you have Developer Settings turned on? Go to the main Settings menu and see if it's there. If so, go into it, and turn it off if you can (look for a main switch at the top). I'm not sure if there's any Developer Setting that would cause these problems, but it's worth a try.

Bob OW

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
OK, turning off the Developer setting altered speed back to normal, even though no tabs under it were clicked.

Still unable to remove any of the other programs though which is still a concern as we want the unit back to factory settings...

Bob OW

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Yes & still the same with the exception of speed being ok.

Cant delete applications as all are greyed out when you try to delete. Hard reset menu still moves by 2 lines at a time. Soft reset still greyed out.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I think I missed this before--you mentioned something about "programs the customer added." Are you working on a device that someone brought to you? Do you know if that person rooted the tablet and flashed some custom ROM?

Georgina White

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I have a samsung galaxy tab 3 (7") which is constantly restarting on a loop. I have done a bit of research and using recovery mode I have cleared the cache partition (whatever that may be!!) but that did not help. So I think I need to do a factory reset. The trouble is when I scroll up/down with the volume button it misses an option (ie I can only select every other option) all the time. As a result 'yes' gets missed every time and I cant reset! Help please!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
No. They have added Apps/games whilst in store. This unit is a store demo unit. Normally you can delete what a customer adds but they are greyed out & unable to be deleted.
If you can get into Download mode, reflash the stock ROM. That will get you back to out-of-the-box condition.

Yato_God

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
Umm well I have a samsung tab 3 lite and this is the sencond time it went into safe mode. The first time I followed the procedure and deleted newest apps and I was able to toggle out of safe mode. Now ive tried it again and it hasnt worked. I've reset the device and still in safe mode. I even risked a factory reset thinking it would take away safe mode but still in safe mode. PLEASE HELP!!!!!! ASAP

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress