May 16, 2014
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 phone that I switched from T-Mobile to Straight Talk. I can't get connected to Wi-Fi. It says invalid sim. Sim card needs to be updated for Wi-Fi calling.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
My understanding is that wifi calling is not available for Tmobile's mvno's. You have to use t-mobile directly, either postpaid or prepaid.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
My understanding is that wifi calling is not available for Tmobile's mvno's. You have to use t-mobile directly, either postpaid or prepaid.

My settings are not mvno.

Dpham is correct. You're on a MVNO since you're on Straight Talk. This means you're using T-Mobile's network but from a 3rd party instead of directly from them. The wifi calling feature only works for people who setup their accounts directly with T-Mobile.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
My settings are not mvno.

Doesn't matter what settings you use, T-Mobile knows that you are on a mvno, and disallows wifi calling.

My friend is on family mobile (also tmobile mvno) with a Tmobile Note 3 and cannot get 4glte, regardless of setting.

Certain features are reserved for tmobile only, and features can vary depending on the mvno agreement with tmobile. But Afaik, no tmobile mvno has wifi calling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress