Galaxy S4 deleted photo recovery

A

AC Question

Hi there,

First time poster so feel free to rip apart my nube-ness...
Last Friday I was explaining the burst mode feature of the S4 to a friend. I demonstrated by taking a burst of photos of him.
Once I had finished with the explanation I held down on what I thought was the group of burst photos and when the checkbox appeared, I checked it and hit the bin icon to delete.
It immediately became obvious that I had just accidently deleted my entire album (this happened because when you are looking at the albums in album view, the thumbnail displayed is of the last photo you have taken, allowing me to believe that I was in the actual album deleting that group of photos and not in album view deleting the entire damn album)

Now although I think it would be nice if Samsung/Android would include some kind of message box when you are about to delete an entire album saying "Are you sure you want to delete this Album", I am a realist who takes responsibility for my own actions and realise that it was my complacence and stupidity that led to this deletion.

.... all that being said, as soon as I realised what happened, I turned my phone off so that nothing new could save to the phone and overwrite the 'deleted' album and thus giving me the best possible chance of recovering those photos.

AND BEFORE ANYONE SAYS "EASY... TAKE OUT THE MEMORY CARD AND SCAN IT WITH RECOVERY SOFTWARE ON THE PC". THE PHOTOS WERE ON THE INTERNAL STORAGE OF THE PHONE NOT THE MEMORY CARD AND NO, I HAVE NO CLOUD BACKUPS (ie. DROPBOX, GOOGLE DRIVE ETC ETC) IN EFFECT ON MY PHONE.

.... anyway, I have tried a myriad of softwares both on the phone (I begrudgingly as a last resort installed some apps on my phone that did nothing) and on the pc that promised to recover my pics but none have found even one of the photos I need.

My absolute last resort is now an idea of maybe if I created an image of the internal storage of my phone and was then able to scan that image on my PC, so I can:
(A). Preserve the integrity of my photos before installing other rubbish on my phone
(B). Use my phone again after nearly 5 days without a phone

So... my question is.... is it possible to create a drive image of the Galaxy S4 I9505 running 4.3 software so that I can save it to a sd card and then put it on my pc to scan it with recovery software such as R-Studio or something similar?

I obviously couldn't do a proper root of my phone (it previously wasn't rooted before 'the incident') because I wouldve had to wipe the phone, so it was suggested I root it using the 1 click pc software called VRoot which I did and am somewhat regretting as it seemed a little too simple to work without doing some bad to my situation.

Please... please... please... if anyone can help, I would be eternally grateful.
It was my Mum's 70th birthday last weekend and the photos from the party were in that album and she has been asking me all week to print the photos for her and I have been 'stretching the truth' and telling her that I haven't had a chance yet.

So... yeh... please help !!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty