"Play tone" issue help me

A

AC Question

Hi guys , i am using Moto G, the phone was incredibly fast and smooth ,,. but on some time it says ,, "play tone" and it will disappear ,, i thought it is volume problem .. but actually it is not , please help me ,, the "play tone " , comes and gone,, why it was coming like that ,, please tell me

- jimklay

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Sounds like it's related to some app you may have installed. It can be hard to pinpoint which one, though. Try uninstalling some of your apps, starting with the most recently installed.

jimklay

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
hi , thank you , in my phone it was coming intially one or 2 weeks when i bought the phone , i have tried uninstalled the unnecessary files ,, my question is whether it is software problem or hardware problems ?? please help me

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When you say that it says "play tone," do you mean a window pops up that has the words "play tone" in it, or do you mean you hear a voice say "play tone"?

In either case, it sounds like it's related to some app, as I mentioned before--so it would be software, not hardware.

Saravanan1003

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi ,I have bought Moto G 2nd generation phone couple of months back, am frequently getting a popup icon as"play tone" with speaker symbol with a beep tone and vanishing ...this really irritating me badly...while phone is not in use also the popup is coming with beep tone n vanishing...I tried factory reset couple of time n no use of it.. I have uninstalled all apps but still I am facing the issue..this occurs even am in call...please help me out or share ur ideas to stop this...thanx in advance....when I searched in Google I got the only clue is this...pls help me.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Start the phone in safe mode. If it stops, it's one of the apps you installed. If not, it's a defective phone. If it's only a couple of months ole it's still under warranty. Back up everything, because they'll either replace the motherboard or the phone, and you'll lose all your installed apps and all your date in either case.