New here, and desperate for help with android settings being changed without my authorization.

lamey761!

Oct 12, 2023
Visit site
I'm desperate to go over my Moto g power 2022 or g play 2023 settings because nothing is authentic and my attackers are imposters which fooled me for a while when attempting to get help and the main reason I can't get out of this manipulation and destruction of my life these are seriously mentally Disturbed people that have been attacking me like this stalking me vandalizing all of my belongings and business equipment my vehicle my clothes my food please I need help going over my settings so I have the proper information to take to the authorities because I cannot get it any other way because my hackers are always impostering whoever I may be trying to chat with so this is just another attempt

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Where are you purchasing your phones? Are you using your phones for work? If the phone is provided to you by your workplace, or if you are required to register your phone with your workplace's IT department, it may be subject to your workplace's security protocols. This could prevent you from changing certain system settings.

Does any of this happen in Safe Mode? https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-300174/

Screenshots would still be helpful. I don't understand how you're getting an error when simply trying to take a screenshot. If the phone truly won't take a screenshot when you use the typical Power/Volume Down button press combination, then maybe you could take a picture of the screen with some other device and post it that way.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I need to check my system apps because while I'm on my device the screen scrolls without me touching the screen in any way...

This part, at least, is most often attributed to a hardware failure. I.e. The screen itself going bad, or even a damaged USB cable. Screens respond by electrical signals normally present in your body, similar to how a touch lamp works. Anything that disrupts the signal or the screen digitizer's reception of it can cause these ghost touches.

And think about it. Why would a hacker make themself so obvious? That alone is a sign that there is something else less nefarious going on. A true hacker would either try to remain hidden, or be blatant about it (I.e. A complete lockout with a ransom notice). You need to be open to the idea that this isn't a hack if we want to get to the bottom of this. Facts, not embellishments, will help us help you more efficiently.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Screenshots would still be helpful. I don't understand how you're getting an error when simply trying to take a screenshot.
I'm curious if it's not an error on the phone about the screenshot, but the site/app for the forums. In my opinion, it's not as easy as it used to be to include a picture in a thread.

Reactions: B. Diddy

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
I'm using Tapatalk, uploading pics okay.
c87e44d5d003def4aa66d307fdf0e643.jpg

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Odd. When I try on the forums app, it tells me it requires write and storage permissions. When I try to set those, they are completely absent from available permissions in the app info. I figured it was still broken across the board.
Strange , have you updated it ?
Uninstall then install again try

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Reactions: Laura Knotek

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej