Google Navigation voice guidance not working with S4

A

AC Question

It used to work flawlessly. For the past 4 months (or so) it is intermittent, at best. The screen shows the proper directions but, the voice guidance is not working. Sometimes, it start the navigation Ok with voice, just to abandon the voice part within a turn, or two. Someone at work has exactly the same issue with the S4. I had Google Map updated, the S4 running the latest version and, still no go. The feature is important enough for me to think of getting rid of the S4, which I otherwise like. Any solution anyone could suggest?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Not to brag, but my HERE Drive + works flawlessly offline and on. Great choice of voice modules as well. I like Martin, he's on the English UK side. Free for life unlimited worldwide maps and updates too! And the HUD can't be beat... One of the free, but incredibly premium services Nokia throws at Windows Phone...

I know that doesn't help you, but I feel great about my HERE Nav and I can't help but share.

It may simply be that you are dropping data connection between towers and it takes too long to reestablish your place.