Kit Kat Issues - HELP!

indymo33

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately, Kit Kat seems to be a brick maker. My LG G2 and Samsung S4 have been nothing but issues. I have had the phones work ok until KIT KAT fFORCED ME TO UPGRADE...

I am on Verizon and can't even stream music while working out without having it shut down the app (I get apps that "unfortunately" quit on me NUMEROUS times daily) and I was REALLY hoping I could switch from iPhone to Android. I was looking forward to it after my last android experience was horrible. But people kept telling me how great it was...not so. I have had to remove apps to "see what was causing it" but you shouldn't have to do that - should you? The guy at Best Buy at the Samsung Kiosk said, "that is what you risk when you move to Android". But my question is WHY?

Why should you RISK anything? Frankly, it should work - and Google should make sure that it does. Because, I really wanted it to "just work". But, frankly, I never have had these issues with an iPhone. Apps always worked, never caused "unfortunate" app crashes.

I have HUNDREDS of screenshots for the app crashes (google play, rhapsody, bluetooth, Amazon services, Evernote, my bank app, these are apps that SHOULD WORK WELL - not cause crashes!

Anyone have any idea why I am having this issue? I am about to head back to iOS - because it works and doesn't cause me frustration!!!!

Thanks!

indymo33

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
I don't have the G2 anymore - I already did a reset on the S4. Frankly, I don't want to have to redo everything...AGAIN...only to have the same issues. Is Kit Kat having some issue on Verizon? Seeing that both of my phones have nearly the same issues, it seems likely, just not getting straight talk from Verizon.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Wiping the cache partition doesn't erase any personal data, so it's worth trying.

Does your S4 have a microSD card inserted? It's also worth unmounting it (in Settings>Storage), removing it, and rebooting. If the SD card is corrupt, it could cause various problems.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs