Car app randomly opening, can't uninstall

A

AC Question

Okay, so I recently upgraded to an HTC one M8. It has been working fine, but lately has been finnicky. A few days ago, it stopped recognizing when headphones were plugged in ( I tried several pairs of headphones to make sure), and would just use the internal speakers to play music. Today, this random application called "car app" will just not stop opening. It literally opens every 15 seconds, and is preventing me from doing anything else on my phone because I have to stop everything in order to close it. I have no idea why it is opening, since I'm not in a car. I've tried going to the app manager to uninstall it, but there is no uninstall option. There is a force stop, and a disable, option, but both options are greyed out for some reason. I've tried the Doc no-op app, i've factory reset it twice, and I have booted in recovery mode as well. Problem doesn't go away. Someone please help.

Oisin Fallon

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Hey Guys,
Have you tried disabling the app? I don't have the M8, but this can be done for any system app on android, I'll use the keyboard. Go to Settings > Apps > "Car App" (or whatever app you want) > hit Disable. I'll put in a screenshot anyway.
Hope this helps!

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 8195.jpg
    8195.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1aas