moto g: using contacts from sim card

A

AC Question

have had my moto g dual sim (xt1033) several weeks now, very impressed with screen, fluid use of kitkat, good battery life.

But one HUGE issue for me: no way to use the contacts direct from the SIM cards. I've had many phones over the years, but this is the first time I've seen this. Yes, there is an option to download contacts from the SIM cards, but this is not the same (and this doesn't work correctly for me --> never includes the full list). It is also impossible to save a new contact to the SIM card. For me this is a really basic function of a phone that is missing, and despite all other functions, this is still a phone first and foremost for me.

I know there are dialer/contact book apps, but none of these work with dual sim phones. I'm stuck. Any suggestions? Any ideas on who to contact (Motorola support or other) for help? thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I'm afraid I don't have an answer for you, but I was wondering--is there a reason why you'd rather not use Google as your contact storage? The problem that I've seen when people use the Phone Account (which is essentially the SIM card) to store their contacts is that if their phone gets wiped for some reason (like during an accidental or intended factory reset), or if there is a problem with the SIM, or if the person upgrades their phone and forgets to transfer contacts, then those contacts are lost forever--unless they were backed up using some kind of 3rd party app or cloud service. I like having all of my contacts associated with my Google account because I can edit them anywhere and recover them from anywhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez