Android 2.2.2 Video force downloads instead of playing

A

AC Question

Hi, i watch alot of vids from my browser, it was working fine untill today. Usually when i press the play or click the vid to play it a notification shows up asking if i want to download it or execute (play)
Now i don't get the notification and when i click the video it just starts downloading it.
please help thanks :D

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
The stock video player. Im also using the stock browser. I notice that the videos that force downloads have a popup just like the ones i can play that say " choose execute file or download" but when this pops up and i look at the url theres a lock icon beside the adress.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I would guess it has something to to with that lock icon. Maybe it's a more secure site that doesn't allow streaming? If you access that site on a desktop browser and click on the video, does it allow you to stream there, or force a download?

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
yes it works fine on the desktop. It use to work on my phone too but that was 2 weeks ago. I didn't install or download anything on my phone, it jsut started not working.
since i can't post links yet i'll just say the name of the site (its for anime)
kissanime
u can look it up on google. Great website, even has a mobile version. oh and only some videos have the lock sign.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When I try that site and try to play a video (Tokyo Pig), it defaults to trying to use Flash (which isn't supported any more by Android), but it does give me an option to use the HTML5 player in the browser (which is supported). Can you try that?

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
the html5 player doesn't play at all. it just black screens.
Like i said before i use to work before like 2 weeks ago. Its suppose to pop up the stock video player and play the video :p
its also still working on my friends phone and it works with my ipod too

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non