Change Galaxy S4 to MTP mode with broken screen

A

AC Question

I have somehow cracked the digitser on my S4 resulting in an operating phone but a black screen. When I connect to kies, it asks that I switch to MTP connection. Which would be no problem with an operating touchscreen!!!

Any ideas? I am hoping to read the numerous texts I have received whilst the screen is off.

Cheers~!

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I have somehow cracked the digitser on my S4 resulting in an operating phone but a black screen. When I connect to kies, it asks that I switch to MTP connection. Which would be no problem with an operating touchscreen!!!

Any ideas? I am hoping to read the numerous texts I have received whilst the screen is off.

Cheers~!

No suggestions for that.
Just offering what you may have discounted already. If the phone is connected to data, you left master sync on, and your Google account sync settings are enabled, you would have access to your sms on your Gmail inbox web page, up to the last sync.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

Dave Scott-Hepburn

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
For some reason, it's only showing SMS from 2011 in gmail! :(

Surely there's a way to force to MTP with a hardware button combo if it is a necessity to connect to kies so you can transfer media. Poorly thought out if not!

Thanks for having a shot though!

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Ah. I just remembered a better reply.

I doubt you would have missed this though. You may be the same person I answered a few days ago with kinda similar issue.
There is no setting to change from MTP to PTP before connecting but there is for a brief period when you connect the usb to the computer.
A usb icon and notification comes on the bar. If you pull down the shade you can then check which one. Worth trying without / with kies open. mini usb to phone 1st, phone not locked etc.
All I can offer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech