Seeking a better launcher for my Moto G

Emerogork

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I really like Nova but apparently I have to either stay at home and use WiFi or pay for on-line access in order to use my contact list. How bizarre is that?

Is there some way to compare launcher attributes and features as well as requirements?

Emerogork

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Will Apex have to connect outside the phone in order to use the contact list?
Nova reports "Error: no Internet connection: cannot verify subscription".
I have no intention of paying for a subscription is that is what it is asking.

I will look up Apex.

Emerogork

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Actually, seeking a different launcher may not be the need here. I think I misunderstood the error that was shown. It said something like needing a subscription. (Do I need one?)

I forget exactly what it said but apparently I lost all access to my phone through Nova until I rebooted the phone. Until that time, I had to use the default launcher.

Has anyone else seen this? Any idea what may have caused it?
I am in the habit of leaving my Bluetooth and WiFi off unless I need to use them.

DirtyTrees

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I love Aviate, it's much different than the other launchers, but it's quite functional and appealing

Posted via Android Central App with my Samsung Galaxy S5

I put Aviate on all droids I come across for everyone. From gingerbread go KitKat. What's great about it? It has a method to it's madness. You have your home screen which isn't bloated but has room for what you want And it acts mainly as a phone.. Like a phone should. Is: it does have room for 15 plus apps.. I use 5 but it has features that hide your favorite call list and your recent with instant Dial or SMS features.

You can swipe or press the icons at the top to get too your 4 pages.. To the left.. Gets me thru my day.. Going to work.. Music..driving. Weather. News.... To the right it keeps your icons sorted the way you like it.. In meaningful collectives that is. And to the right right.. All your apps in ABC order. Done.

Try it.. You'll love it.

Posted via Droid MAXX

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Google Now Launcher is pretty nice too. Nova has this feature too, but the Google hotword detection is pretty awesome. As it swipe left for GNow.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4

Emerogork

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I am quite happy with Nova as I have very simple use for this phone. I have one panel for my home screen and all icons are in a single folder. From there, anything goes. I just don't like the idea of having to treat the phone with kid gloves every time I pick it up least I launch something. I chose Nova because it let me remove all icons from the home screen panel and place them all into the one folder. Maybe other launchers will allow this. The original one in Moto G does not.

Although I have asked this else where, I wonder if anyone can tell me if EasyViewer has any problems with Nova. I seem to have a few that defy explanation. Is it my set up or is it a conflict in software?