Asurian Insurance - Returning different hard drive?

locomoto

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi, quick question. I have to return a Samsung S3 LTE to Asurian because I cracked the screen. I am wondering if it is possible to return my phone with the broken hard drive of my last phone (also a Samsung S3, not a LTE though) and keep the working hard drive of my new phone (the one with the cracked screen). Has anyone tried this before? Are there model #'s or anything on the hard drive that Asurian would track to void my warrenty if I did this? The main issue I see is that one is a LTE and the other isn't, but not sure if it matters or not.

Thanks for any and all advice.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
For one you would have to open the phone to remove and replace the drives and that is a strict "no no" and would instantly void your warranty also voiding your insurance. I wouldn't say they would do all that much checking but they do check devices for tampering. Incidentally they also check for water exposure on the pads inside of devices. I've seen people returning devices for issues not related to water be denied due to false positives on these sensors.

locomoto

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the response. I have the extra 2 yr protection from Asurian through Walmart for accidental drops and water damage. I was on vacation when my screen broke, so my brother just took my hard drive and put it in his phone (which had a bad hard drive). So its already been switched unfortunately. So i guess now Im trying to decide to switch back before returning, or just return the old hard drive... If they don't do much checking than I guess I'd be ok, I just wasn't sure if they'd look or if there was a way to tell. I'd hate to be out the $300 for the old phone due to tampering, but it would be nice to have a full working spare phone now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez