Tablet not starting

A

AC Question

Hi all, I have a-bit of a problem which I'm hoping you might be able to help me out with...my grandma has a tablet (one of the cheaper tablets called a Nurvo Horizon...) and around 2 weeks ago it apparently shut down by itself; when re-starting it, it stuck on the the 'Android' logo and wouldn't boot any further.

Now this has happened once or twice before, but it was usually down to the battery needing a recharge (I noticed that the tablet wouldn't start properly if charge went down below around 10%). In fact, when attempting to start it myself, nothing happened (not even the screen would turn on). So I took it home, plugged it into the charger and left it for some time. However, it still wouldn't start at all. Eventually, it did start but again it would not boot. I turned it off and tried to turn it on again but again there was no sign of life. Ever since it has not started at all. However, after leaving it on a desk for one night, I did notice that in the morning the back of the tablet was hot near the processor area...

Do you have any suggestions please?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! There's probably not much you can do. It's most likely an issue with defective hardware or firmware. If you're adventurous, you could try taking it apart and seeing if there are any loose connections.

cnpgs

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your reply :) I removed the back panel and didn't find anything wrong really...all wires seem connected and nothing seems burnt, although I'm not an expert in electronics :p I do agree, it's probably firmware or hardware; I suspect the battery may be at fault, although I'm not sure.

To be honest I don't think it's worth wasting much more time with it, although I am curious to see what went wrong with it in case any other devices encounter a similar problem in the future.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty