Not getting 4gLTE on S4 GT-I9505, change CSC?

A

AC Question

Hi,

I have an unlocked Norwegian CSC Galaxy S4 GT-I9505, and i have a post paid AT&T plan, i am only able to get into HSPA+ mode for data.
Iv tried to change my CSC, but i get the singleCSC error`s.

i want to change since i currently get 12mbits of data down, and my area supports 75mbits. would be great to get full speed.

The phone is rooted.
Does anyone have any suggestions for getting the phone into 4G?
Put a different rom into it ?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Are you sure your carrier has rolled out LTE in your area? Is there any other devices with LTE capabilities you can check to see if it's an isolated issue?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Yes, there is LTE here, i checked at the ATT store, standing next to someone doing the speed test, and i have 3 other 4G/LTE phones around me in the house that are all going on 4G

Are they showing LTE or 4G? How are the speeds compared to your phone? H+ is "4G", so unless the phones show LTE, they should be getting similar speeds.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Well, at the AT&T store, the guy who helped me get set up did a speed test and he got 75mbits, his phone was showing "4G", mine is showing H+, he had a Galaxy S4 and i got 12mbits.

Are you on a contract with AT&T or are you on one of the MVNOs (pike straight talk or aio)? Those services may be limited to 4G speeds.
It's also possible that your phone doesn't support the LTE band that the phones on LTE were since your device is an international phone.

Kjartan Johannes

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Its a post paid plan, i asked about the full LTE, since i was on a pre paid to begin with.

Yes the phone i have is norwegian, this is why i was getting at the CSC think, don´t know if this would change anything. The guy at ATT said that this might be the problem and that changing the "operating" system to one thats made for US might get me into the LTE band.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Its a post paid plan, i asked about the full LTE, since i was on a pre paid to begin with.

Yes the phone i have is norwegian, this is why i was getting at the CSC think, don´t know if this would change anything. The guy at ATT said that this might be the problem and that changing the "operating" system to one thats made for US might get me into the LTE band.

Flashing the firmware for a different model than your own will brick the device, so I wouldn't follow his advice on that one.
Only thing I can think of would be to get access to one of the phones running on LTE and using the dialer code to show which band the phone is running on, then checking if your phone supports that band.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer