Is there a conflict with MotoG, Nova, and Easy Viewer Phone App?

Emerogork

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
It is probably time to give up on Easy Viewer phone app but I want to be sure this is not a curable problem. I really like EV but am finding just too many issues.

Here is a list:
1) Every time I use the contacts in EV, my ringtone volume is turned off.

2) I cannot seem to find any method in EV to edit contacts. I have go to the original phone program that was included in Moto G.

3) There are numerous times when I get an announcement that EV has stopped working, that it cannot be verified, or it tells me to restart EV. These errors do not clear even if I reboot the phone or EV (or both). Sometimes, I get two of these errors on the screen at once. I have to click around quite a bit and it finally works without any other change in setting.

4) More of an amusement, Sometimes, 1020: is shown in EV instead of 10:20 for the time.

Are all of these simply things to live with if I choose to keep all the other great features such as color, arrangement, and visual clarity of wording?

I could try a different phone app but don't see how to get a list of what is available. Reviews would be nice but I am sure I have to test them out myself. (App endorsements appreciated)

Might this be a conflict that can be resolved? I may have arranged the phone in a way that confuses EV. I have 1) Deleted all the extra panels in the home screen. 2) Placed all icons into a single folder. 3) I usually keep the Wifi and Bluetooth set to off.

Other than that, I have no other apps in this phone. I have had it only for a month or so. This is my first smart phone from a previous use of a flip phone and these are the only apps I have ever used.

Thoughts appreciated

Last edited:

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi again emero. I see you're still struggling with EV. 😀
Before changing dialer you could try a couple of things.
Clear cache in settings > apps.
Clear data.
Uninstall and install.
Get rid of it 😀
That's the less to more radical order I'd recommend.

Emerogork

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Yep, it is getting close to total replacement then to try another app. Stick with me if I sound as if I am going nowhere (I am...) The big problem is that when I start asking questions here, the phone behaves. How creepy is that?

I finally found and cleared the Easy Viewer Cache, it went down to 24K and I did not note what it was before.

If I "clear data", will I lose my contacts list? There seems to be a caution to that effect. I have been accessing my list from both the original Moto G contacts list and also from EasyViewer contacts.

If I uninstall and reinstall, will that affect my contacts list?
Can I back them up to my home computer to be sure I keep the list intact?

Last but not least, how do I find other "phone apps" for the phone? I can find many "phone apps" for games and stuff that has nothing to do with the phone itself? Do I look for Phone Phone Apps?I got excited when I saw "The ten best phone apps" but there was not a single phone phone app. What is the magic secret word?
:)

I started with EazyViewer only because it was recommended. It is a great app when I can get it to work. Most of the time it does.

P.S. what is in that square? It looks as if it says OIF500.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Did a little research for you. Easyviewer is more than a phone app, it's a UI for big fonts and designed to modify the size and looks of different stock applications. Well, that could have some incompatibility with Nova. Nothing found about that but the best way to confirm that is switching to the stock launcher and use EV normally. If the same issues continue then is an app problem. If not then it's some glitch when running on Nova.

More things. It's a paid app with a free trial. Are you in the trial period or have you paid for it? If so make sure your complaints reach the devs. The app is not very well rated and many people have done so.

Don't worry about losing your information. It's just a UI and they are safely stored somewhere else.

P. S. what square are you talking about?

Hope it helps.

Emerogork

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
The squares appear after "...struggling with EV." and "...rid of it."

I did not think about testing Nova VS EasyViewer. I will do that.

I have not seen any way to get in touch with the developers. If I could then they might be able to get tot he bottom of all this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa