Can't use Favorite Contacts in Samsung Galaxy S5

A

AC Question

I just bought a Samsung Galaxy S5, set it up with no problems, but I cant find the Contacts favorites, in the Contacts Application the tab is missing (only Keypad, Logs and Contacts). Also when viewing a Contact, the Favorite Star is missing, only the Edit pencil appears.

Can anybody help?

Thanks in advance

Daniel Chitsaz

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem. I noticed the star is missing only for contacts that are saved on the SIM. A contact that is saved on the device did have the star. No sure why that is, but now I have to figure out how to transfer them all off the sim card.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem. I noticed the star is missing only for contacts that are saved on the SIM. A contact that is saved on the device did have the star. No sure why that is, but now I have to figure out how to transfer them all off the sim card.

Well done. That sounds like a solution.

Welcome to Android Central.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

Thomas Anderl

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
got the same problem with the Samsung Galaxy Avant Phone....it had the four tabs when i bought it...now the Favorites tab is gone? i called them and they said a new update removed the tab? what the heck is going on here?

locomoco

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
That's correct. Contacts saved on the SIM card won't show a "Favorites" star, so if other contacts do have stars and the one in question doesn't, that is the reason. Can't tell you if there's a way to move them, but deleting them and reentering them as new Samsung contacts will give you the star on the new form for that contact.

mirela0708

Nov 25, 2017
Visit site
hey guys, I had the same problem ...
Luckly! PROBLEM SOLVED ! If your friend have VIBER, you can easily go to Viber Application, click "contacts", then go to the search and pick the person who you want to add to to your "favourites" list, and then click on the STAR above the name of that person (on viber). Close Viber app and go to your Contacts list and click on "favourites"...and you'll see your friend name in your "favourites" list :) I hope it helped :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sam_274