Samsung Galaxy S4 speakers

Ethan Mikos

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Two weeks ago the speakers on my Samsung Galaxy S4 stopped working. I couldn't hear music or callers and they couldn't hear me which was evidence that my mic was also not functioning properly. I sent it in the Samsung where they replaced the speakers and the mic. I got it back yesterday and I am still experiencing the same issues. I took the Sim card out and inserted it again. Then everything worked properly...for a while and then the problems came back. Suggestions?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! So was the original problem isolated to the phone's earpiece and mic, or did it also affect the main speaker (the one that plays music, sound effects, etc.)?

When you reinserted the SIM and everything worked properly, does that mean both phone calls and playing music or other sound over the main speaker? If it only has to do with the phone calls, then maybe the SIM card connection is loose or dirty. Make sure the SIM's connectors are clean, and make sure that it is pushed in all the way and snug.

Ethan Mikos

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
When I reinserted the SIM card everything was working properly. Playing music calls everything, however this would only last a half hour and I would start experiencing problems. Upon further examination my SIM card is dirty, with black streaks running across it. I have tried cleaning it and the streaks still remain. So I am asking for a new one. What concerns me is why would a bad SIM card have an effect on listening to music...or any sounds besides phone calls at atll

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty