Random alert sounds since new Android update

A

AC Question

Hi there. I recently updated my HTC One Mini's Android to version 4.4.2, and since the update took place, every now and again the phone gives off a soft low-to-high two-tone chime for no apparent reason.

Sometimes it happens a few times in the space of a couple of minutes, and other times it won't happen for hours, and there is no indication of it being linked to any new notifications or system alerts.

Does anyone know what's causing this and how I can turn it off? It's quite annoying when it wakes me up in the middle of the night!

Many thanks

Joel

winst81

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi B. Diddy

Thanks for replying. Unfortunately, there is no option for this, and since looking it up, my version of the HTC One Mini doesn't seem to have NFC capabilities.

Any other ideas?

Joel
('Guest' in original question)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh yes, you're right--I looked at the specs, and your phone doesn't have NFC.

Is this notification tone different from your default? Is it happening on the hour or the half-hour on the dot? Or is it totally random?

winst81

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I don't recognise the noise at all. And no, there doesn't appear to be any pattern to it. Sometimes I won't hear it for a whole day, other times I'll hear it twice in a few minutes.

I thought it might be something to do with syncing, but I've tried turning off auto sync and it still happens.

Any other ideas??

Joel