Facebook Quits soon after openning - Galaxy S II X T989D

A

AC Question

A very frequent problem with Facebook only. It quits shortly after starting. Sometimes it allows a few scrolls down. Rebooting the device, re-installing facebook did not help. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to AC :)
Have you tried wiping the cache partition?
With the phone off, hold home + power + volume up for a few seconds. Once at the recovery screen use the volume buttons to navigate and the power button to select options.

mayomanty

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Thank You UJ95x
Impressed by your prompt response I decided to join the forum [I started this thread as a guest].

I managed to enter Recovery mode [using a different sequence of buttons (an idiosyncrasy of the Koodoo Canada T989D)].
Cleared the cache partition as suggested. Unfortunately this did not solve the problem. However, I downloaded an app [CM Browser] that works flawlessly with Facebook. Nevertheless, I would appreciate more feedback on the original facebook app's problem.

PS: Really impressed by response speed (and your signature from Carl Sagan's Demon Haunted World) ;)

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Thank You UJ95x
Impressed by your prompt response I decided to join the forum [I started this thread as a guest].

I managed to enter Recovery mode [using a different sequence of buttons (an idiosyncrasy of the Koodoo Canada T989D)].
Cleared the cache partition as suggested. Unfortunately this did not solve the problem. However, I downloaded an app [CM Browser] that works flawlessly with Facebook. Nevertheless, I would appreciate more feedback on the original facebook app's problem.

PS: Really impressed by response speed (and your signature from Carl Sagan's Demon Haunted World) ;)

Great book, right? :D
Hmm, not sure what else would work for the app. Have you tried clearing data and cache specifically for the Facebook app?

mayomanty

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi & Thanks for responding again.
By the year 2000, I have had read that book six times !!! and enjoyed every round.
As for clearing the app's own cache I have done that before using CCleaner's option. I guess an upgrade of the OS might be in order.
Once again I appreciate your kindness.

:)

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi & Thanks for responding again.
By the year 2000, I have had read that book six times !!! and enjoyed every round.
As for clearing the app's own cache I have done that before using CCleaner's option. I guess an upgrade of the OS might be in order.
Once again I appreciate your kindness.

:)

If your software version isn't supported that might be the issue. Glad you found a workaround though :D
See you around the forums!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArchyA