Samsung Galaxy s5 Needs To Be Reset But It Is Dead

A

AC Question

My Phone was working fine with no problems, but I downloaded a virus that shut it off and will not let it charge. I have tried to factory reset it using the combination of Volume+ Home Button and Lock Button, but it is dead and will not work. I was hoping that there is a button in the back of the phone that I might be able to press that can reset the phone even though it is dead. Please respond ASAP, I need many of the apps and passwords stored for school and everyday life. Thanks for everything!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
My Phone was working fine with no problems, but I downloaded a virus that shut it off and will not let it charge. I have tried to factory reset it using the combination of Volume+ Home Button and Lock Button, but it is dead and will not work. I was hoping that there is a button in the back of the phone that I might be able to press that can reset the phone even though it is dead. Please respond ASAP, I need many of the apps and passwords stored for school and everyday life. Thanks for everything!
Try a battery replacement and see if that gets you booted.

It may be related to a bad battery, or worst case scenario, hardware damage as a result of water damage.

Give the battery a try and see if that works - keep us posted.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramhja11