Still have verizon unlimited data (US), can I suspend it?

A

AC Question

Hello, I recently upgraded my phone to the galaxy S5, and somehow was able to keep unlimited data even though I was told they would switch me to the 6gb plan. Reading up after the fact, it appears this was due to me keeping my old sim card for the contacts (which was a fortuitous happenstance).
Im about to go abroad for 2 weeks, and was thinking about putting my account on hold to save the $50. However, if there is any chance that reactivation upon my return could do away with my unlimited data status I wont do it. Does anybody have experience in this?

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
You can suspend the account without billing, meaning you don't have to pay for that period. Your contact is extended those extra weeks. Since you are not changing your plan nor upgrading again, your unlimited should remain, unless the system catches up with you. Lucky you got to keep the unlimited...must if been a glitch. Did you get the phone at a corporate store or Verizon reseller?

Posted via the Android Central App

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
If Unlimited stayed on your account, it will stay. They can not change your account without your permission, even if they made the mistake. They can charge, say, for a damaged phone that you returned for Warranty replacement, but really should of been insurance. But you still get to dispute (unless, admittedly, you knew the phone went for a swim).

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress