Mrs.

A

AC Question

I got an Ematic 4.2 to use a bird ID program called Merlin, and it doesn't work. What do I need to run Merlin? The app is well known on the internet, and was lately adapted for use on Android.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
It may be that the phone doesn't have enough power to run that app, unfortunately. On one of my phones for example, large apps wouldn't run at all.

From my OnePlus One...

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you installed the app from the Play Store, contact the developer at cornellbirds@cornell.edu

If you downloaded it from anywhere else, uninstall it and install it from the Play Store. Many apps are compiled in different versions for different versions of Android, and the Play Store will send your phone the correct one for your phone. Just downloading the app from some other site doesn't mean that you're getting a version of the app that will run on your phone. (If there's no version of the app that will run on your phone, you won't even see the app when you run Play. If you go to Google Play with a web browser, the site will tell you (under the Install button) whether there's a version for your phone. If it says there is none, then there is none.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
It's possible the play store version of Pandora would possibly run on my hydro but the time it would have taken was beyond its usability index. Ditto for a game from the play store I kept trying to run. Sometimes the app will download but not run. Just because the OS is compatible doesn't mean the hardware can manage it.