Restoring from Google account after overwriting it (restoring to previuos backup)

A

AC Question

I wanted to restore my phone from google account, however by mistake I haven't done it at the phone start up. then by mistake I signed up to my account and press sync button. Therefore all my data was overwritten by a fresh phone data. So is there any way to return to the previous backup in Google account?
feel desperate about it...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you sure you logged in with the same Google account, or did you create a new Google account? The phone should have been constantly syncing data with Google before the reset, so as long as you log back into that Google account afterwards, the data should sync again.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's strange, because syncing shouldn't erase any data, unless you specifically deleted items on the phone--the deletion would then sync with your Google account in the cloud. If you never had the items on the phone in the first place, the items should have been added to the phone as part of the sync. Syncing is supposed to be two-way, not one-way.

So when you bring up your Google account on your computer browser, your data is all gone, replaced by old data from the phone?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38