Firefox problem - browser extremely slow or just hanging.

pjtwyman

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I have a Samsung Note 8.0 wifi only and am using 4.2.2 android. The Firefox browser is deadly slow often just hanging there without loading the page. The wifi connection is not very good (I am travelling and using hotel wifi) but Chrome works a lot better than Firefox. Also my Yahoo app loads my mail and the other apps update OK.

I have a couple of add-ons for Firefox (HTTPS Everywhere, Last Pass and CleanQuit). I am also using a VPN and have Norton Mobile Security.

I also notice a similar problem with the Playstore app with the connection timing out. This does not fail as consistently as the Firefox.

Can anyone suggest a remedy to this problem? Firefox is my preferred browser.

pjtwyman

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your reply.

I cleared cache and data but also had to remove Lastpass addon from the Firefox (clearing cache and data was not sufficient). Now Firefox is much more responsive and just doesnt hang up.

The Playstore connection problem is still there. I see from other forums that this problem with the playstore app (Connection Timed Out - Retry) has been occuring for years over different devices and android versions - at least since early 2012! Surely Google has some general solution by now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana